The Lieutenant Cameron Skinner - CPA Student Scholarship is open to any combat veteran currently-enrolled business students working towards an accounting major and currently attending an accredited college or university within the United States. The winner will be chosen from the applicants for this scholarship. The award will $1,000, to the most qualified applicant.
Cameron Skinner is a Senior Named Partner, at Perdue, Skinner & Nixon, a CPA firm located in Panama City Florida. He is a Combat Veteran who was awarded the Bronze Star for Meritorious Service during ground combat in Iraq. We wish to honor his service by offering a $1,000 scholarship to eligible combat veterans who are pursuing an Accounting Degree in an accredited program.
Applicants will be required to submit a 1,000 word or less essay “In your own words,how do you believe military service has benefited your educational pursuit?”
- Applicants must be a current student at an accredited college or university within the US
- Applicants must have served a minimum of 90 days in a qualified Department of Defense combat zone and received combat pay, during the deployment. Minimum days will be waived if due to a combat related injury that required a medical evacuation.
- Applicants must be studying to become an accountant
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript
- Special consideration is given to veterans with a combat related disability
Deadline: - July 1st
Click Here to send and email to request an application